In talking about this experience, one of the main things I want to do is take the opportunity to express gratitude to some specific club members:
- Vic Smith- For serving as the club secretary for the past 11 years
- Shannon Grow- For stepping up in that role now
- Helen LeBoeu- For serving as our club treasurer
- Fred Fickenwirth- For being our program coordinator (This is a tremendously demanding job and we’re lucky to have Fred managing it for our club)
- Meegan Ritter- For taking on New Generations committee and starting up our youth exchange participation for the first time in over 10 years
- Ron Sheahan, Bev Endebrock, & Dan Gandy- For their contributions to our coats for families’
- Dan Yonge- For encouraging his daughter Rachael to look at RYLA
- David Schlactus, Greg Benner & Laynie Moser- For their efforts in our soup kitchen every month
- Don Brigham and Melva Prasil- For putting on trivia and all other contributions
- Catherine Rawsthorne- For taking on chairing the ppk committee
- Frankie Paffile- For stepping into the role of Club President
Serving as the club president has been a considerable, but tremendously rewarding undertaking.
Anyone serving in this position, myself included, have been fortunate to have an unparalleled advantage. The club members who served with me all had a broad and immense capacity for contributing knowledge, experience and hard work into any task the club would pursue. The Club’s rich history combined with the extensive experience and persistence of its members made almost all of the years activities run smoothly and seemingly effortless.
It was truly an honor and it was an experience that I will cherish and remember fondly forever.